IceCube Software Integration
Integration can mean a nightmare of interdependencies.
But÷ Integration used correctly
- minimizes implementation by using common interfaces
- minimizes debugging
- allows simulation to use same structures as raw data
- calibration for trigger/online/offline/simulation
Requires system architecture÷
- Shared APIŪs and system interactions need to be well defined.
- Integrity of the design requires a single architect.
- Architecture needs to be designed to meet Physics Requirements Document.
Subsystems may be parceled out to independent groups who agree to follow architecture.