|Orientation and Training for New Students
For each new student in the group we have a procedure for getting them oriented, trained, and working.
2. A new student will be assigned a coordinator who will be responsible to see that the student is supervised, gets safety training and other relevant training.
3. Each new student will be given a desk and place to store things and work.
2. Each new student who will have any occasion to work in the shop will get safety instruction from Richard Kuiper.
3. Each new student will be given the notebook about safety, with particular emphasis on cryogenic fluids and will also be instructed in safe operation and behavior with whatever system they are working.
4. The student's coordinator/mentor will see that the student learns the layout and procedures of the laboratory.
2. Each student is expected to be trained in and learn new material during their work that will help them in their career.
3. Each student will be given guidance and assistance to learn the system and procedures of the working environment.
2. For each task the supervisor and student are expected to see that things proceed in a safe and reasonable way and that the student has the materials, tools, and ability to complete the task.
3. We encourage students and others to write up their work as articles or as group notes - Astrophysics notes - (e.g. sublevels of Astromag, COBE, Spectrum, GEM, Planck, MAXIMA, AMANDA/IceCube).